At Marin Organic, we believe in supporting an agricultural system of local growers and food producers who protect the natural environment. Organic food differs from conventional food in that it is grown without synthetic fertilizers, pesticides, or hormones, and in a way that improves the quality of the soil instead of degrading it.
Our Marin Organic Producers:
- Rely on natural biological systems for pest and weed control thus avoiding use of synthetic pesticides, herbicides and soil fumigants.
- Improve the quality and fertility of the soil
- Protect water quality
- Reduce soil erosion
- Reduce the impact of agriculture on our environment
- Produce high quality, great tasting food
- Don’t use genetic engineering
The official definition of the term “organic” is defined by the USDA National Organic Program. To find out more click here.